Saturday, January 7, 2012

A day.

The day started so nice. After getting up at 7am to walk the doggies (by the way I have 5) I got to go back to bed! Thank you weekend. Got up at 9 and had the house to myself for a few hours, well except for the dogs.  Now before you ask I DID NOT utilize this golden time to exercise. I had Rice Chex for breakfast. Yummy. Did some laundry. A little Facebook time. I LOVE Tetris Battle. Ate some cookie dough. Shower. Hair and make-up. Great hair day so I spent a little extra time on the make-up. Don't we all do that?
squeek...................  back up.........  did I say cookie dough? Yes I did.
Middle of the day brought some frustration.  I made a conscious decision to not allow this minor problem to ruin a good hair day and had a lovely trip to visit my future Mother in  Law, a little shopping and a delicious lunch. Chicago style dog at Chubby's with tator tots. Make note of the name of the restaurant please. How perfect is that!
Late afternoon brought a lovely walk through Leu Gardens. My love and I were selecting a wedding location. That's right, I'm getting married. During the stroll through the gardens we encountered not one but two weddings underway. And dear gawd the pictures happening!!  I am not a fan of pictures. Haven't been in years.  Only time will tell if I allow a photographer at my wedding.
After I got home got a phone call from my most favorite and bestest girl friend. We did a little catching up. She was telling me about her holiday visit with her Father In Law............  if I start using FIL and MIL will you know what I mean?    Her FIL is having some memory issues which of course led our conversation to my Father.
I am losing my Father slowly but surely to the devastating and heartbreaking Alzheimer's. I love my Father with every fiber of my being, my Mother too. They are perfect parents and perfect partners to each other.
I hope my children find that kind of love.
Love you, mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment