Monday, January 9, 2012

Obsession

Monday morning weigh in 224. (different scale but I'm claiming a 4 pound weight loss.)

Just had a conversation with a friend about diet and exercise. I love this guy. I haven't known him that long but we started working together in July and I fell madly in love within days, He's about the age of my daughter so I told him I want them to get married. He's insanely smart and has a wickedly sharp, dry wit.
I want to be clear about how I feel about this young man before I say.....  I hate him! (Not really)
In the last few months he made the decision to lose weight and get in shape and being the intelligent, dedicated, OBSESSED man that he is, he lost 40 pounds and counting. I'm thrilled for him I really am but I can't help but wonder do I have to constantly obsess over calories, fat, protein, carbs and exercise to lose weight? Maybe I'm already obsessed...after all I'm BLOGGING about this crap.
Clearly you need more than just obsession you need will power. What will it take for me to want this bad enough to stop eating yummy stuff and get my ass off the couch?
Weekend wrap up.
Did some walking. We took the doggies for a nice long walk. Good for all of us. Also had that nice long walk around Leu Gardens. Food wise not so hot. Let me start with the excuses before I confess what I ate. It was a big football weekend............ We were celebrating a birthday............ I didn't do any real grocery shopping so we didn't have good food in the house............... OK more honesty, I actually was in a grocery store 3 times this weekend, once for cake baking supplies, once for football supplies, once for ice cream for the cake. Already talked about Chubby's... no need to confess twice. Sunday was breakfast out ham and cheese omelet with home fried potatoes and a few bites of pancake. Lunch was a sub. I ate very little of my sub sandwich but I ate plenty of chips.  Dinner was pizza and wings... one slice and 4 wings. Birthday cake and ice cream after. Not terrible?  My 40 pound weight dropper of a friend would explode if I told him what I ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment